Humuflor® is an innovative 100% water-based natural hop aroma product. Easy to use, and effective. It’s available in 5 varietals.
AT A GLANCE
- Efficient: One ounce of Humuflor® is equivalent to one pound of pelletized dry hops.
- Time Saver: A mere 24 hour tank residency time for dry hop aroma development vs. 5-7 days when doing static dry hopping through a dry hopping port with pellets.
- Reduce losses: 10 gallons of hop loss absorption can be equated to every pound of hops used. Thus: for each ounce of Humuflor® used a 10 gallon greater yield will be the result as compared to using pelletized hops.
- Safety: Easier and safer to use, there’s no need to climb a ladder while carrying a box or bucket of hops. The product can be easily and safely dosed into the fermenter, bright tank, or directly to the keg.
- Quality Outcome: No O2 introduction or potential cross contamination when adding as compared to opening up a tanks dry hopping port.
- Great for Innovation: Easy to create an entirely new beer from an existing brand by merely incorporating Humuflor®.
BENEFITS OF HUMUFLOR VS HOP PELLETS
|HOP PELLET||HOP ESSENCE|
|Cost||Use LESS essence than hops|
|Water Base||Aroma compounds in water-based liquid|
|Process & Cleaning Time||+ hours||minimal|
* at a ratio of 2oz for every 1lb of hops
Oregon State University aroma compound analysis of Humuflor hop essence:
|COMPOUND CLASS||AROMA COMPOUND||CONCENTRATION
(mg of compound / L of solution)
|ASSOCIATED AT TRIBUTES|
|Sesquiterpene||CARYOPHYLLEN OXIDE||1.0||Herbal, Hay|
|Terpene alcohol||LINALOOL||39.9||Fruity Pebbles|
|Terpene alcohol||GERANIOL||30.9||Rose, Floral|
|Terpene ester||GERANYL ACETATE||1.4||Gardenia, Floral|
Study executed with our Cascade hops